Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oh Look, An Update

So I realized that I haven't updated in awhile. It's been stressful, I've been tired, and I'm almost out of clean underwear again, meaning another trip to do laundry... DANG IT!

The past few weeks have been filled. My internship is going well, and I'm enjoying reading scripts - what few scripts I do get. I'm never very busy at my internship, and I feel like it's almost a waste for me to be there. But the people are nice, I'm learning a good deal about what I don't want to do in life, and I'm also learning about producing.

Speaking of producing, the movie I'm producing might finally have a location! It's too bad that I'm suddenly swamped with paperwork now, but things will work out...I hope. My group and another group are trying to cast the same person, so it's been hard to balance that, as well as balancing getting in paperwork, on top of casting, breaking the script down, budget - oh yeah, we suddenly have to pay actors, taking a large chunk out of our budget, as well as a half million other things that I don't feel like getting into now.

At least we might have a location, thanks to an adorable French couple who have kindly opened up their antique riddled house to us. I can't wait to go see it again. Hearing their French accents always makes me think of my grandmother!

The highlight of the past few weeks was definitely going to San Diego and seeing Katrina for the first time in over half a year! We had a great time hanging out at the beach, eating sushi, and just talking. I also had a good time hanging out with my roommate, Stef, who will always be my roommate even if we aren't rooming right now. Roommie love!

Other than that, the days have been just packed, as the Calvin and Hobbes anthology states. Only I don't get to sleep in a tree with my tiger and a water balloon. Lucky kid.

At least I'll be getting out this weekend before I explode! I'll be acting the part of the tourist as I walk around the walk of fame!

2 comments:

  1. don't explode! i hope that all of the drama, paperwork, etc. works itself out...you are so awesomely talented!

    i'm so glad you have a location! that sounds like such an awesome story - the random french couple with their mysterious antique house

    try not to go stark raving mad...i know it can be difficult. i'm hoping that you enjoy this experience as much as you can and learn from it, but i'm also excited (selfishly) to have you back at point loma next semester...here's to camping on top of the library and partying on the shuttle just cuz we can ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, nice for the person you're all after! Good luck with that and congrats on the stroke of luck with the nice couple!

    Ooh, San Diego, ana coolness!

    Hm..try not to go nuts? *thinks about this..* How could we tell the difference? :P Much love, deirfuirín! Oh, I left you something on my blog.. *grins at* (Second post down, I think)

    ReplyDelete