Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Late Night With Wireless

So we now have wireless in the apartment. Nicole - 1, Technology - 1,098,342. I'm catching up!

On a less zany note, life here in L.A. is going well. I finally have an internship at Wind Dancer Films, where I read scripts, write coverage, and move my car every two hours so I don't get towed (I'm too cheap to pay $20 a day for parking, so sue me - actually, don't, I don't have anything to give!). It's a small company, you can go to their website here: http://www.winddancer.com/. Check them out, they're pretty cool! They specialize in chick flicks and family entertainment, so I don't feel too out of place!

I had a few surprises on the job. One, I get an hour for lunch. Two, I only work with two other people and am in the same building/room as the executives. Three, work goes from 9:30 to 6:30, and I go home early!

In other news, classes are going well. I have finalized my idea for screenwriting, a dramatic tale about a WWII veteran finding forgiveness through a child's stories, and am working on that as well as honor's project papers, and various busy work. I'm excited about my topic, though nervous - there are a lot of fun scripts and good writers in the class! It's hard, because while I seek approval, I also want to be challenged.

I have yet to be to a movie premiere, though I won tickets to "A Serious Man". Unfortunately, it's right when Tony Hail is coming to speak tomorrow, so with a heavy heart, I passed on the tickets to one of two co-workers at Wind Dancer. I then found out that the movie is directed/written by the Cohen brothers, so I don't feel as disappointed.

I've had one star sighting, Sophia from "Beautiful People"! I had and still have no idea who she is, but my roommate recognized her outside of Starbucks, so one point for me. I'm jealous, however, of the lucky few who saw Tom Welling and Jude Law today. Alas, the disadvantages of a small office: little star power appears within our walls!

Also, my weekend this week was spent in San Diego. I got to see several of my wonderful San Diego friends, who I already miss! So hello to you all from the land of the silver screen, and I'll hopefully see you soon!

It's almost 3am at the moment, my first truly late night doing homework. I now feel like a college student once more. So off I go to get some sleep before my writing get together with fellow (and also panicking) screenwriters.

1 comment:

  1. <3 glad you have wireless now! miss you already :c sounds like things are picking up in the city of angels - now you just gotta work on getting gerard butler's autograph for me ;)

    ReplyDelete