Wednesday, September 16, 2009

There Is Such Thing As Too Much Free Time

So I'm still unemployed, going on week four. Mandeville Films, the satellite Disney production company, informed me that they were moving in a different direction, which for those who don't know, means I wasn't hired.

So I continue to wait and pray that God helps me find an internship soon, before I take up underwater basket weaving or I go insane and spend my day riding the elevator - which ever comes first! It's hard to accept that God's timing and my timing don't match up, but that is part of accepting God as having control over my life. It's also humbling to have to continue to wait and accept that I might be one of the last people to get an internship.

I have submitted resumes/calls of interest into: Jim Henson Company, Sony Animation, Tim Burton Productions, Marshall/Kennedy Productions, and New Line Cinema, so I hope to hear from one or more soon.

My days have been not busy yet crammed at the same time. I have a lot of homework for my classes, especially Theology in Hollywood, yet trying to fit in that and all of the activities I want to do is challenging (especially after the laid back semester in NZ).

Yesterday I went to the Ellen show, and waited around for four hours to get to hear the Dave Matthew's Band and see Ellen, but not see the studio show. Sadness. We were offered guaranteed tickets for the studio show, but I won't get them until January 11, 2010. I'm also incredibly sunburned, and still trying to figure out if I'd do the experience over again, but at least I got to hang out with classmates! And In 'n Out was a GREAT plus to the day as well.

Classes have been going all right, though there is nothing spectacular to report on that front. I've watched a ton of movies, including "Magnolia", "Casablanca", "Whale Rider", and some episodes of Supernatural and Pushing Daisies. Most of them were good, though I wouldn't recommend "Magnolia".

I've also been writing scripts for some MPP students, as well as working on my own screenplay for class. I've had to change my original idea to a new one about a German WWII veteran finding peace about his war experiences through the fantasy world of a child. I'm excited for it, even if it was a sudden switch around, and I'll let you all in on how it's going! At the moment, the working title is "Brilliant Shadows". Right now, I've got a two page basic summary of it, and will be working on character sketches next week.

We'll see where the next week leads us!

No comments:

Post a Comment